Mission Statement: To improve the lives and professional environment of current and future family physicians so they can provide exceptional care to their patients and communities.
Vision Statement: Family physicians will be universally valued for their role in providing high quality care to the people of North Carolina.
Strategic Plan & Goals
Member Satisfaction and Practice Environment Committee: Rebuild the excitement of Family Medicine across all practice settings.
- Cultivate relationships with legislators, government leaders, health systems and payers
- Increase policy makers’ understanding of the value of family medicine
- Advocate for improved health of the public in North Carolina.
- Membership and Workforce: NCAFP will create a culture of engagement among family physicians, students, and residents.
Payer and System Advocacy Committee:
- Maintain and grow NCAFP membership.
- Increase and sustain NCAFP engagement and participation with residency programs and medical schools
- Foster a diverse leadership that represents different schools of thought, geography, and employment type
- Strive to ensure an adequate workforce of family physicians in North Carolina.
Workforce Pipeline Committee Bolster the family physician pipeline.
- Promote the value of family medicine and the medical home – including the role of family physicians in health promotion and disease prevention ‐‐ to the public & key stakeholders
- Undertake activities to shape the perceptions of family medicine in North Carolina
- Identify opportunities to work with the media to disseminate news and information about family medicine
- Develop partnerships with other organizations to promote the cause of family medicine in North Carolina
- We believe that Family Medicine is essential to the well-being of the health of North Carolina, and that Family Medicine is well-suited to improve the health of the residents of our state.
- We believe in a healthcare system that is primary care driven. We believe there is an inherent value in a patient-centered medical home—providing quality, access and affordability. We believe that the physician-patient relationship is sacred.
- We believe in a healthcare system that is fair, equitable and accessible. We believe in the elimination of health disparities and barriers to access to healthcare for North Carolina.
- We believe in a comprehensive approach to care, and value the health and well being of patients, families and communities.
- We value collaborative communication with all parties concerned with healthcare delivery, and advocate for a positive practice environment to nourish the specialty of family medicine.
- We value the professional and personal well being of our members.