During the Academy’s Winter Family Physicians Weekend: November 29 – December 2, 2018
Family Medicine Resident & Medical Students who are Members
of the North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians are Encouraged to Participate
Presentation & Guidelines
The Foundation is interested in practice-based research, but presentations may address any topic relevant to family medicine. Work-in-progress may also be submitted. Submissions must be of original work, not yet published. Projects previously presented at medical schools, student “Research Days” or other similar events are acceptable. Concurrent submissions to other conferences such as NAPCRG and STFM are considered legitimate and are in fact encouraged.
Presentation Review & Judging
All submissions will be reviewed a minimum of two (2) members of the North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians Research Committee. Posters will be judged for awards PRIOR to the presentation at the annual meeting. Review will focus on:
- Significance of findings for practicing family physicians
- Quality of presentation of findings
- Quality of methods used to generate findings
In instances in which the above criteria are judged not to apply, reviewers will seek to evaluate the extent to which the submitted presentation will be of interest to family physicians.
Poster Presentation Format
- Online submission application deadline 11:59 pm, Mon. 10/1/18
- Poster artwork must be submitted in electronic PDF or PowerPoint format to email@example.com by 11:59 pm, Mon. 10/1/18
- Note: These items submitted on/before the deadline are the items that will be judged. No changes can be made for judging after the deadline.
- Poster presenters need not be present to win, however, the poster must be displayed no later than 10:30 a.m., Fri. 11/30/18.
- If lead presenter does not plan to attend the conference, they are responsible for ensuring the poster is displayed.
- All accepted posters will be invited to be displayed at The Omni Grove Park Inn. They will also be on the Conference Mobile App. There are two specific times presenters will be asked to be at their poster to discuss their research: Friday, 11/30 – 1:30 pm -2:00 pm and Saturday, 12/1 – 7:30 am – 8:00 am.
- Posters should be no larger than the display board of 4′ x 8′, but should be large enough to be adequately viewed.
Awards are given to promote research in the specialty and are reserved for submissions of exceptional quality. An award of $400.00 will be given for the best presentation, and a $200.00 award for the runner-up presentation, in each of the Family Medicine Resident and the Medical Student categories.