The NCAFP is governed and led by its member physicians. The overall direction of the Academy is guided through the work of its family medicine councils, discussion groups, membership sections, and Board of Directors. In each of these groups, member participation is vital.
Engage Today –
Are you interested in serving on one of NCAFP’s councils? If so, contact Executive Vice President Greg Griggs at email@example.com or (919) 833-2110.
Many Opportunities to Participate
There are many ways to get involved with the NCAFP and AAFP. Being involved helps you have a voice in key issues facing our specialty.
- Recommend a colleague to join. The more members we have, the stronger our voice! Send info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend and network at one of our meetings, conferences and/or council meetings. Contact Kathryn Atkinson, CMP, Manager of Meetings & Events for more information at Katkinson@ncafp.com or (919) 214-9058. Find upcoming CME events listed here.
- Read our publications and respond to our various requests when solicited.
- Submit an article or news for consideration to our publications.
- Stay up-to-date with NCAFP news pertinent to you and your patients. Like us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter.
- Connect with your local elected leaders and serve as a Key Contact by contacting Greg Griggs at email@example.com or (919) 833-2110.
- Join a MIG. Did you know there are MIGs for our members in Emergency/Urgent/Hospital Medicine, Lifestyle Medicine, and Independent/Solo/Small Group practice? A full list is available here.
- Support our Students, Residents, and Foundation with your time, talents or resources! Contact Tracie Hazelett at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 980-5357 for more information.