Employment & Contracting
A growing number of family physicians now care for patients as an employee of a hospital, health system, or physician group, In this arrangement, employment agreements are often negotiated between the physician and the employer. Below are some resources.
Employment Agreements & Negotiation
- AAFP's Contract Negotiations: Five Elements to Consider - http://www.aafp.org/practice-management/payment/contracts.html
- AAFP: Primer on Employment Contracts - http://www.aafp.org/fpm/2002/1100/p73.html
- AAFP's Negotiating Employment Contracts - http://www.aafp.org/careers/hunting/negotiating.html
- AAFP: Demystifying Common Terms in Employment Agreements - http://www.aafp.org/fpm/2003/0600/p38.html
- Negotiating a Contract With a Health Plan- http://www.aafp.org/fpm/2006/1100/p49.html
- Jack Valency: Understanding Compensation Models - http://www.valancy.com/Physicians_Career_Consult__Articles/Entries/2011/...
- AAFP's Compensation Models Outline - http://www.aafp.org/careers/hunting/compensation.html
- The Art of Negotiating Physician Employment Agreements - http://www.physiciansnews.com/2011/11/07/the-art-of-negotiating-physicia...
- NCAFP Guide to Hospital Employment for Residents - https://www.ncafp.com/2014/sites/default/files/NCAFP%20Hospital%20Employ...
Affiliation & Network Agreements
- NCAFP's Hospital Affiliation Whitepaper - http://www.ncafp.com/2014/sites/default/files/NCAFP%20White%20Paper.pdf