NCAFP Web Policies
- Advertising Policy
- Information Collected
- Submitted Data
- Links & Resources
- Intellectual Property & Social Media Policy
The NCAFP makes every effort to print only those ads deemed credible. Accordingly, we reserve the right to revise, edit and reclassify or reject any or all copy provided by the advertiser.
The advertiser agrees to indemnify and save harmless the NCAFP against any and all loss, damage, cost and expense which the NCAFP may unsure or become liable for by reason of any and all claims or actions for libel, violation of right of privacy, plagarism, copyright infringement, and any and all other claims in connection with advertising matter published on NCAPF's website, including without limitation the expense and cost of defending any and all such claims and actions.
When you browse through any Web site, read pages, or download information, certain information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit, but this does not identify you personally:
The name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an America Online account);
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access our site;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The pages you visited;
- The address of the Web site you came from when you came to visit, if you were referred from another site.
Our Web site collects this information (e.g., name, phone, address) by depositing certain bits of information called "cookies" in a visitor's computer (see below). This technology does not collect an individual visitor's personally identifiable information. The cookies can tell us how and when pages in our Web site were visited and by how many people. This aggregate information will enable us to improve our Web site to better serve you. It also may allow you shortcut access to points of interest on our Web site when you reenter the system. Cookies can be disabled in your web browser.
If you do not wish cookies to be used when you are on the Internet, you can disable cookies in your Web browser, or have your browser notify you about each cookie you come across so you can choose whether or not to accept it as you go. Disabling or not accepting cookies may hamper your ability to enter some Web sites.
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our Web site.
If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an e-mail message, form, survey, etc., we will only keep the information as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication.
Links to other sites
All information transmitted to this Web site is secure to the extent possible using existing technology. Strong efforts have been made to prevent unauthorized access by third parties during transmission. We will securely store the information that you share with us and will take appropriate steps to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Intellectual Property & Social Media Policy
The intent of this policy is to preserve the mission, reputation, and property of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians (NCAFP), and, at the same time, promote the organization, interaction among colleagues and their connection to The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians through the prudent use of social media. This policy applies to all types of social media known today or that may be developed in the future. Without intending to limit the scope of this policy and only to provide examples, these social media include platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter, blogs, comment sections of new media or other networking sites. This policy applies to employees, contractors, leaders and members of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians.
1. The name, marks, and the logos of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians are solely owned by The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, and all rights are reserved. This includes but is not limited to the following program names: The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, and the The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians Foundation. The marks and logos of NCAFP may not be used by any third party without the written consent of the NCAFP.
2. All employees and members of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians are encouraged to maintain the highest standards on their own personal social media pages and are expected to do so whenever there is any reference to The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians. Participation as a member in any North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians activity requires that participants consent that the NCAFP has the right to object to and to prohibit improper uses in social media of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians name, trademark, service mark, logos, or other intellectual property, as well as improper references to all of the foregoing and any North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians affiliation.
3. The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians is the only entity authorized to create and maintain public social media sites or web pages in the name of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, which right may be delegated. Any NCAFP public social media or other web site will be maintained by The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians staff or delegate. All material associated with The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians that is entered onto public sites will maintain the high standards of the NCAFP, including and not limited to the following:
a. The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians administrator may remove from its social media or other website any inappropriate posts, unauthorized members, copyright, service mark or trademark material that is not the property of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians or its members, as determined in its sole discretion.
b. All contributors of content will state their affiliation with The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
c. All posts will be respectful and follow the NCAFP's established Anti-Trust Policy. No spam, off-topic, derogatory or offensive comments will be permitted. No personal attacks will be permitted. Posts are not to be commercials by or for members or their associated businesses or affiliated organizations.
d. The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians' documents, reports, and education programs are for internal use of the NCAFP, and not to be distributed by any means. The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians documents, reports and education programs are confidential and proprietary to the NCAFP and represent intellectual property that is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws.
e. All social media communication will be transparent and not in any way a violation of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physician's privacy, confidentiality, and legal guidelines for external commercial, personal, or political speech.
f. All news media inquiries must be referred to The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians staff.
g. Due to the permanent nature and accessibility of any person's internet presence, all content related in any fashion to The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians must be carefully considered prior to publication.
h. Removal of material from a site by a North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians staff member or their designee may be appealed to the Board of Directors.
4. The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians may have private, members-only pages or sites which are created and administered by the NCAFP staff or their designee(s). Only members of the NCAFP are eligible to be admitted as members. Information and discussions held on these sites will not be open to the public. All material on the sites will maintain the high standards of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians and shall comply with all applicable laws including, but not limited to, laws pertaining to patient privacy, defamation, and anti-competitive activity. The NCAFP administrator will utilize its best efforts to remove any unauthorized users and/or inappropriate posts but is not responsible for the posts of its members.
5. By participating in any social media platform of the NCAFP, you consent to abide by this policy and other policies governing the use of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians' intellectual property and reputation.
6. If necessary, The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians will take legal action to preserve its reputation and its intellectual property and any other substantial interest through the enforcement of its policies and contracts.
7. The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians reserves the right to amend this policy at any time by posting a notice on its website.
8. This policy shall be posted on the NCAFP website as well as all other social media platforms of The North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians.