Dedicated to improving health in North Carolina
Central to the mission of the NCAFP and the NCAFP Foundation is to promote the improvement, equal-access and overall quality of health care that is available to all North Carolinians. The Academy and its partners are currently executing several initiatives to make this a reality. Our efforts are below.
- The NC Health Disparities Project - This is a statewide educational program aimed at improving cultural competency in family medicine and primary care to improve health outcomes.
- IPIP: Improving Performance in Practice - A project tasked with improving healthcare delivery quality in the doctor's office.
- The I.C.A.R.E. Initiative - An effort to enhance integration and coordination between primary care physicians and mental health services providers.
- Adolescent Obesity & Inactivity Project - Multi-year statewide program attacking adolescent obesity through coordinated interventional services of family physicians and the Cooperative Extension.
- The NC Dental Varnish Project - This is a first-ever oral health program targeted at high-risk children until age three. Medicaid-reiumburseable and effective.
- North Carolina Tar Wars Program - Anti-tobacco educational program for fourth- and fifth-graders.
For questions regarding any one of these efforts, please contact the NCAFP at (919) 833-2110.